SORSP membership benefits OSH professionals across the full career continuum, whether you’re a student, young professional, seasoned manager or corporate leader.
Two membership types apply for most safety professionals and those who work in related fields and occupations: associate member & professional member . Which category is right for you will be determined based on the information you provide on your application.
Annual dues for each category are £ 55, plus fees for membership in local chapters and optional practice specialty or common interest group member communities.
Qualifications for Membership:
Costs and professional requirements vary among the membership categories we offer.
1. Associate Member:
This membership is for those involved in all aspects of the safety industry. Annual dues are £ 55, plus local chapter and optional practice specialty/common interest group community fees. SORSP member benefits include access to a vibrant community of safety professionals, top-quality education and publications, industry standards, career support and more.
2. Professional Member:
Professional membership is for individuals with specific designations or education. Annual dues are £ 55, plus local chapter and optional practice specialty and common interest group fees. To qualify as a professional member , you must meet one of the two following criteria:
Or, you must have a doctorate-level degree in an OSH field and 5 years of OSH experience.
Or, you must have your bachelor’s degree and 5 years of OSH experience, along with one of the following certifications:
- Chartered Fellow-IOSH (CFIOSH)
- Chartered Member-IOSH (CMIOSH)
- Graduate Member-IOSH (GradIOSH)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP)
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS)
- Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM)
- Certified Health Physicist (CHP)
- Certified Human Factors Professional (CHFP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse (COHN)
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse-Specialist (COHN-S)
- Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Certified Safety and Health Manager (CSHM)
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified User Experience Professional (CUXP)
- Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST)
- Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST)
- Professional Engineer (P.E.)
- Safety Management Specialist (SMS)
3. Student Member:
Student membership is for individuals pursuing an undergraduate or advanced degree in a safety-related program. Student dues are £15 per year and include one free practice specialty and common interest group. Student applicants must be enrolled full- or part-time in an undergraduate or advanced safety-related degree program at an accredited college or university. Applications must include faculty advisor verification.
Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org